Our second cousin, Lily, sent the following Email about a school project:
Hi, my name is Lily. Mommy let me e-mail her friends. I am celebrating the 100th day of kindergarten. And, I have to bring 100-somethings. I want to bring a book of 100 e-mails about kindergarten memories to share with my class. Can you help me?
All you have to do is e-mail me what you remember from your kindergarten. And, we will print it out and put it in a book and you will be a part of the celebration with me. Please e-mail soon -- I will be building my book on Monday. Also, you can forward this to others that you think might like to help me reach my goal of 100 e-mails.
Thanks for helping me.
Love,
Lily Debenport
(I've attached my first-day-of-school photo.)
Here is what I wrote Lily:
Dear Lily,
This sounds like such a fun project! Thank you for the email. :)
I loved kindergarten! I had a great teacher named Mr. Lewis. During my year in kindergarten, Mr. Lewis got married and had all of his students sing together in his wedding. It was so much fun. I also remember that "Annie" was my favorite movie and I would sing songs from "Annie" all the time. My older sister, Erin, would get really embarrassed when I would sing on our walk to school in the morning.
Love,
Rebecca (I am your dad's cousin and your grandfather's niece!)
I have attached my picture from kindergarten.
(I've attached my first-day-of-school photo.)
Here is what I wrote Lily:
Dear Lily,
This sounds like such a fun project! Thank you for the email. :)
I loved kindergarten! I had a great teacher named Mr. Lewis. During my year in kindergarten, Mr. Lewis got married and had all of his students sing together in his wedding. It was so much fun. I also remember that "Annie" was my favorite movie and I would sing songs from "Annie" all the time. My older sister, Erin, would get really embarrassed when I would sing on our walk to school in the morning.
Love,
Rebecca (I am your dad's cousin and your grandfather's niece!)
I have attached my picture from kindergarten.
Here is what Erin wrote:Dear Lily,
I was so excited to hear about your project and see your cute
picture. Congratulations on your 100th day of kindergarten!
Here are a few random memories from my time in kindergarten:
We lived in Houston, and my Mom used to walk me to school,
which was two blocks away. On our way there, we would have to
pass a yard with a dog that barked a lot, which sometimes
scared me. Once a week, we would stop at the Bookmobile,
which was like a bookstore in an old bus. I got to buy a new
Nancy Drew book, which was a quarter.
My best friend's name was Tracy Scott, and we were always
partners when we took field trips. We had a May Day
celebration and we were both chosen to be a part of the May
Pole dance. I wore a green dress and Tracy wore a yellow one,
and our ribbons on the May pole matched our outfits.
Let me know if you need more stories, and good luck with your
project. Give everyone in your family a big hug for me, and
bug your parents to come visit your Aunt Erin and Aunt Rebecca
in Arizona!
Love,
Erin
No comments:
Post a Comment